How councils can harness artificial intelligence – Roundtable
As AI technology continues to advance and become more present in modern society, local and regional authorities are increasingly exploring its potential to improve key services and support their communities. At the same time, there are concerns about the potential limitations and ethical risks of using AI in local government, and the need to carefully consider the implications of this technology.
Join us for an exciting roundtable for Local Authorities on Wednesday 25th October in London. This session will discuss how councils can harness artificial intelligence (AI) to improve a broad spectrum of operations, including time and cost saving, data quality and streamlining routine tasks and processes to deliver better services and outcomes for citizens.
This event is intended for councils that are actively considering or are on their adoption journey to utilising AI within one or more areas of the authority.
Over the past year AI has hit the headlines with new services such as ChatGPT from Open AI breaking through into widespread usage and large organisations such as Microsoft making huge investments. This has led to public debate about the responsible use of the technology.
AI has the potential to radically change the way public services are delivered, but many in local government are only at an early stage of debating the ground rules for the responsible use of such transformative technology, and considering how it could be adopted in their organisation.
£ 0.00 bn
Estimated global revenue from AI software applications in the industry by 2025
£ 0.00 bn
AI contributed £3.7 billion to the UK economy in 2022
£ 0 bn
AI adoption could save the UK Public Sector up to £33 billion per year by 2030
Who will you engage with from Hitachi Solutions?
Local and Regional Government Industry Experts
Our best-in-class industry experts can provide valuable advice on your AI journey.
AI Technology Experts
If requested, our AI Microsoft experts can walk you through various scenarios and solutions.
Business Transformation Leaders
Our senior experts (functional and technical) possess globally renowned expertise in delivering business transformation projects and solutions.
Who should attend?
- Chief Information Officer
- Chief Digital Officer
- IT Director
- Transformation Director
The discussion will cover:
- The different stages councils are at in using or preparing to use AI, and the different ways AI could benefit local government in citizen-facing services, staff productivity and achieving efficiency savings
- Examples of where AI has already been deployed and outcomes to date, and examples of how councils are actively considering using it
- What does it mean for councils to ensure they use AI in a responsible way, and how can they ensure residents are informed, sensitive information is used safely and potential biases are avoided
- How officers can ensure AI is deployed effectively in their councils, including avoiding siloed usage and making sure staff are informed and aligned.
The roundtable will take place in person at 110 Bishopsgate, London, EC2N 4AY, on Wednesday 25th October at 10.45am for a 11.00am start. It will last until 12.30pm and be followed by lunch.
- Date 25 October, 2023
- Time 10:45-14:00